|Title:||Material Handler 2nd shift|
|Department:||Plastics - Injection Molding|
|Facility Name:||Creative Plastics|
Material Handler -2nd shift
Responsible for moving large quantities of inventory and keeping track of their placement utilizing scan guns and other tools to track the movement of inventory according to established procedures.
Responsible for following all safety procedures and practices to prevent accidents or injury as well as reporting any concerns regarding equipment performance to maintenance or supervision in a timely manner.
- Follow all health and safety procedure and regulations.
- Operate forklift with care and with awareness to people and environment around machinery
- Ensure forklift is properly stored, fueled, cleaned, and ready to operate
- Move inventory and materials across facilities
- Stack and organize large bulk items
- Remove inventory from trucks or shipping and delivery to proper location
- Move materials from facilities to workstations, pick-up locations, or other locations
- Make note and request any damaged parts or replacements needed
- Clean filters on machines, mixers, and dryers
- Ensure material and packaging is correct per the work order.
- Ensure material and color change overs are completed
- Assure tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Assure the work environment is safe
- Ensure housekeeping around every press is being improved
- Assist the Team Lead/Supervisor with training of tenders and giving breaks
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent. Certification to operate Power Industrial Trucks.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to position.
Push/Pull: Maximum force pushed/pulled: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
Standing: Standing for sustained periods of time.
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.