|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Facility Name:||All Marketing Alliance Group Companies|
Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager performs activities related to recruitment (hourly & salaried), training, employment relations, safety, compensation, and the management of data pertaining to the facilities he/she is managing. This position is based in Dalton, GA and all facilities for which the position is responsible are located in the Dalton, GA area. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes and implements the administration of company-wide human resources policies and practices.
- Manages recruitment, retention strategies and succession planning process for assigned locations.
- Assures all personnel are up to date on all required safety training.
- In coordination with the Director of Human Resources, manages controversial and sensitive employment issues.
- Manages employee relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, and new employee orientation.
- Establishes and maintains records and reports.
- Conducts safety inspections for facilities under his/her responsibility.
- Assures all safety records are up to date and readily accessible (written plans, personnel records, MSDS, etc.)
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 -8 years of related experience as a Human Resource Manager in a manufacturing/industrial plant is required. Multi-plant experience is strongly preferred.
- Recruiting/staffing experience for hourly to senior management levels is required. Experience utilizing internet and social media for recruitment is strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of all human resources principles and practices, including employment law, EEO compliance, benefits and compliance, recruitment/retention and safety (personnel and facility.)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation.)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Ability multi-task in a fast paced, deadline drive environment as well a strong attention to detail and accuracy.