|Title:||Sr. Design Engineer - Displays|
|Facility Name:||Creative Plastics|
Senior Design Engineer - Displays
Health & Beauty
Creative Plastics, a designer and manufacturer of award winning, quality displays for a variety of markets, including retailers in the Health & Beauty sector is seeking a Senior Design Engineer. As a Sr Design Engineer with Creative Plastics, you will utilize SolidWorks to produce detailed drawings and instructions for displays and fixtures for a variety of retailers in the Health and Beauty / Point of Purchase market. Our products are manufactured in our state-of-the-art production facilities utilizing the latest technologies.
- Utilizes SolidWorks to develop designs for displays and fixtures for the Health & Beauty category based on the direction/feedback of the Customer and Account Team.
- Reviews designs with the team members (account/ design / engineering / project management / production) to assure all pertinent current details are properly captured and then completes the print package so that the product is ready to be manufactured.
- Assures displays meet the specification of the customer and are mechanically sound and designed for manufacturability.
- Creates 3-dimensional computer mockups of parts and assemblies that make up a project using SolidWorks.
- Creates detailed 2D drawings with all dimensions, specifics, and notes required to properly manufacture parts and assemblies.
- Coordinate with the production team and work directly with vendors to ensure quality of product, efficiency of assembly, and organization of workflow.
- Communicate with production, sales, and customer to create and improve designs.
- Helps create planograms to showcase design concepts to customers and assist sales team.
- Mentor junior level engineers by teaching them best practices.
- Use extensive problem-solving skills to create original and innovative solutions.
- Create graphic art and size files using Adobe Illustrator for clients so they can lay out artwork.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a design engineering role.
- Extensive experience in SolidWorks; SolidWorks certification strongly preferred.
- Adobe Illustrator experience a plus.
- Extensive understanding of drawing, engineering, and industry standards.
- Extremely proficient on 3D design software.
- High level of creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Significant technical engineering experience and knowledge of advanced technology and engineering practices.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Acrylic Fabrication
- Sheet metal
- Plastic & Aluminum Extrusions
- Vacuum Forming
- CNC machining
- Plastic Injection molding a plus
CP is a division of the Marketing Alliance Group (MAG) family of companies.
Apply online at: www.mktalliance.com/careers
Marketing Alliance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer