|Facility Name:||Design Display Group|
Design Display Group
Design Display Group (DDG) has an immediate need for a Model Maker. The Model Maker will utilize technical drawings, blue prints or other specifications to construct prototypes. Job duties also include aligning, fitting, measuring, laying out and inspecting parts, studying specifications, gathering materials, identifying flaws and operating machinery.
- Receive and review concept or Design Brief from Sales, Project Management, Design or Engineering.
- Propose adjustments and/or design changes to simplify, or improve the idea/design.
- Research/develop new fabrication techniques to simplify the process or find ways to develop or assemble the model efficiently.
- Able to communicate process to production and other team members.
- Fabricating Samples and/or production sets using 2D drawings as reference.
- Trimming/revising sample components using a variety of machining equipment and power tools.
- Fabricate work aids such as fixtures as needed.
- Creating jig setups for production purposes.
- Prepare set-ups according to established and documented safe working practices.
- Cutting parts for samples using manual and CNC machines.
- Conduct edge finishing, sanding and/or buffing.
- Cleaning, bagging and packing model/samples when required.
- Labelling of completed samples for easy identification.
- Assemble all parts to create the final model.
- Interact with Design and Engineering and assist Project Management and Production Teams to help execute production.
- Effectively communicate with internal departments and vendors as required.
- 5+ years of model making or similar experience is required.
- Ability to operate various shop equipment such as Lasers, Table Saws, Routers, Grinders, and Lathes.
- Must be safety conscience.
- Ability to read various measuring instruments in metric and imperial increments including, but not limited to Tape Measure, Rulers, and Calipers.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and build to completion from those drawings.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and find cost efficient solutions to problems or modifications that may arise.
- Must be able to collaborate with various departments and locations with regards to the project you are working on or other projects that require input.
- A self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage several projects at a time.
DDG is a division of the Marketing Alliance Group (MAG) family of companies.
|Quick facts on MAG:||Capabilities Include:|
Apply online at: www.mktalliance.com/careers
Marketing Alliance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer