|Title:||Injection Molding Processor|
|Department:||Plastics - Injection Molding|
|Facility Name:||Creative Plastics|
Injection Molding Processor
This position supports business objectives by leading the Injection Molding department and assigned associates in accomplishing their daily tasks to ensure maximum productivity, job safety, and quality. The position will require competencies that include training, set-up, trouble shooting, tooling, quality inspection and leadership.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
- Assist Production Supervisor with machine efficiency, productivity and other daily tasks.
- Lead a team of people in the execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance and continuous improvement within the department
- Support process improvements, inventory reduction, and overall operating efficiencies within the area
- Minimize scrap, reduce down time and optimize cycle time, including programming and set-up parameters of injection machines
- Assist with preparation for start of work to ensure machines are ready
- Work alongside associates, provide oversight and guidance; prioritize work as necessary
- Respond to problems by performing corrective technical solutions and troubleshooting through processing ability
- Participates or leads in troubleshooting and problem solving projects on any production related problems. (I.E. machine breakdown, scheduling problem, etc.)
- Recommends modifications to existing methods or procedures
- Train entry level Process Injection Technicians and manufacturing associates, evaluate training program and adjust as needed to ensure their development.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained in the plastic injection area.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, specifications and/or codes
- Communicate safety policies to associates and ensure that all associates are following company safety standards
- Notify Production Supervisor of any unsafe conditions or associates not performing work safely or productively
- Ensure Molds are set up to meet production demand.
- Perform mold setups on daily basis or as often as needed
- Change injection molding tools according to setup procedures
- Assist with the development of new products
- Perform product sampling and determine optimal machine setups for new
- Provide input and documentation to assist with product development
- Ensure work area is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintain an organized environment in the area throughout the day
- Ensure scrap bins are emptied as needed
- Ensure staging area is clean and organized at all times
- Maintain Company quality standards in all work area activities.
- Troubleshoot and adjust molding parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output
- Observe quality of all production leaving the work area
- Assist and/or lead quality checks and inspections
- Notify Supervisor of quality issues and assist with correction of production quality as necessary
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience of ‘hands-on’ injection molding processing experience.
- Evidence of strong leadership, organizational ability, and communication/interpersonal skills is a must.
- Familiarity with data entry computer skills is preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
This position is a hands on position that oversees other production staff on the specified shift in the department to ensure that all employees are working safely, efficiently and diligently to meet production standards. Leads, instructs and trains employees on an ongoing basis to perform the department functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
This position requires constant sitting or standing, use of hands and fingers, and hand-eye coordination. This position also requires frequent walking, talking, hearing, and occasional turning, twisting, bending at waist and reaching with hands and arms. Candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds. Good close and peripheral vision, good depth perception and ability to adjust focus are required.